How to use your day planner - 10 tips for Planner Peace!
For many of us organized gals, our planner is our best friend. My planner is always by my side – no matter or where I am. It’s seen an office, car, coffee shop, and suitcase over the span of each year. Like so many of yours, my days are jam-packed and I've learned over time how to best utilize my day planner to achieve maximum productivity as well as that elusive “planner peace”. Below are some of my best tips and tricks, which I thought I’d share –
- 1.Carry it with you... like everywhere: Like I just said, my planner is my BAE. It’s a simple concept – but if its not by your side you cant use it. Our planners aren’t just “eye-candy” – take them everywhere you go so its super easy to review your task list, add a note, or check off those to-do’s as you go.
2. Set aside planner time first thing in the morning and last thing at night: I find it helpful to wake up, make some coffee, and prepare myself for the day ahead of me. When unwinding at night, it’s helpful to see what kind of day I’ll have tomorrow and the rest of the week. These few minutes are crucial for planning and preparedness.
3. Decorate your planner with whatever makes you happy and inspired: Cuteness is key here! Fun, functional and motivational stickers liven up even the most dreaded tasks and make planning more fun and rewarding.
4. Get some good quality pens, they make a difference: There is just something special about the perfect pen that writes smoothly. It makes me all giddy inside and inspires me to plan even more!!
5. Use different colors to distinguish between various events: This could mean that everything for your little girl is written in pink, all writing in green is for work, and all writing in blue is for your hubby. Not only does this help you keep everyone and everything organized, but makes your planner look more festive too!
6. Designate a space for gratitude and journal there daily: Showing gratitude is scientifically proven to increase happiness, reduce stress, and encourage peace. According to Psychology Today there are seven different benefits to showing gratitude that include physical health, sleeping better, higher self-esteem, and an increase in mental strength. A daily planner is the perfect place to write down all the blessings in your life and keep them in your sight lines. Of course our KIT Daily Planners offer a dedicated space daily that prompts you to remember and record all you are thankful for!
7. Find a planner that allows you to capture and track what is important to YOU! Keeping separate books for appointments, contacts, food logs, journaling, and to-do lists generally doesn’t work for most people. Having everything you need to get through the week in one place is a more effective solution.
8. Make sure your planner has a space for goal setting: Writing down your goals and keeping yourself accountable when taking the steps to achieve them is extremely important. It doesn’t matter if it’s eating healthier, setting aside more family time, or saving some extra cash, write it down.
9. Make a special spot in your home or office for your planner to reside: Create a space that entices you to go there and plan or journal. If your little workspace is a mess you’ll be less likely to take the time to use your planner properly. I like to keep my planner in a cute little corner on my desk surrounded by other items that bring me joy. Like my favorite candle, a sentimental photograph and a pretty dish or small plant.
10. Always check off your accomplishments each day: No matter how small they were, you still did it!! Don’t underestimate the power of “checking it off” – you’ve earned the sense of satisfaction this brings!
And there you have it - my secrets for planner success! Using these 10 tips will help you get the most out of your planner AND your busy days.
Do any of you #kitgirls have other secrets to getting the most of your daily life planner? We’d love to hear your best practices for using your KIT Planners or any other planners you enjoy. Reach out to us on Facebook and let us know!
And here’s a quote for you to ponder…
“Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.”
And speaking of NOW - all of our 2017 KIT Planners are deeply discounted on the site - if your still searching for a life-changing daily planner - take a peek at ours. Or .....if your curious to try something new - like A5 inserts? Ours have JUST launched. We'd love to hear your thoughts on them? The picture below offers a quick look but there are additional pics on the website.
Health and Happiness,